Homeowners these days are taking every opportunity they have to cut down on their energy usage. If you’re looking at installing brand-new windows in your home, you’d do well to consider installing energy efficient windows in North Carolina.
There are many benefits associated with the use of these windows. Here are just a few examples for you to consider when making your purchase decision:
- Less energy usage: Energy efficient windows are better for the environment, because they result in you consuming less energy overall. Because the windows insulate your home more reliably and result in less temperature transfer from inside to outside (and vice versa), your HVAC does not need to work as hard to keep your home at a consistent and comfortable temperature. This means less energy used, less consumption of fossil fuels and a lower carbon footprint for your home.
- Consistent temperatures: As we mentioned in the previous point, energy efficient windows are designed to lower or eliminate transfer of warm or cool air from your home to the outside and vice versa. This means you’ll be able to cut down on hot and cold spots in your rooms, and will have a much easier time maintaining a consistent temperature in your home.
- Protection from ultraviolet rays: Energy efficient windows are specially designed with a coating that protects your home from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. A long-term exposure to UV rays can result in your rugs, carpets, wood, fabric, décor, furniture and other surfaces being damaged over time. These windows can block up to 98 percent of these rays, which prevents this deterioration from occurring in your home.
- Cut down on energy costs: If you’re consuming less energy in your home, then it stands to reason that you’re going to save some significant money on your monthly utility bills over a long period of time. In addition to cutting down your monthly expenses, you may also have the opportunity to earn a major tax credit from local, state and federal government agencies for upgrading to certified energy efficient windows. So, while these windows can represent a significant initial investment, the savings can wind up resulting in those windows paying for themselves over time.
- Less noise: Energy efficient windows are so well insulated that they have an innate soundproofing ability. This means you won’t have to hear as much ambient noise from the roads and the outside world.
- Fewer maintenance requirements: Energy-efficient windows cut down on energy transfer, which means you don’t have to worry as much about condensation buildup. This also means you have a lower risk of mold and a lower risk of exacerbating respiratory conditions.
- Boost resale value: Prospective homebuyers are always looking for the improvements they’ll have to make in a home—and for those they won’t have to make. New windows are a sizable investment, and their presence can be a huge selling point to buyers who are interested in your home.
For more information about the benefits of using energy efficient windows in North Carolina, contact Carolina Improvements to speak with one of our window experts today.
Categorised in: Windows
This post was written by Writer