When you’re looking to install a new roof on your home, chances are you’re going to give strong consideration to using asphalt roofing shingles. These shingles make up the vast majority of roofs in the United States, and it’s not hard to see why—high-quality roofing shingles have a number of benefits that make them an ideal selection for homeowners in all types of climates.
Here are just a few examples of some of the biggest benefits associated with using shingles for roofing installation in North Carolina:
- Affordability: A new roof is always going to be a sizable financial investment, but asphalt shingles will generally cost you less than other types of roofs. Depending on the types of shingles you get, there are many pricing options as well. You can rest assured that shingles will give you the best bang for your buck when you’re looking at installing a new roof.
- Lasting performance: There are some types of particularly high-quality shingles that can last up to 100 years or more, but most will get you at least two or three decades, and many now come with 50-year warranties. This long life expectancy will save you a lot of money in the long run, as you won’t have to worry about re-roofing your home.
- Excellent durability: You can’t get a lasting performance out of your roof if it’s not designed to be as durable as possible. Asphalt shingles have an ideal weight for roofing materials, one that’s not so light that they’ll easily blow off, but also one that’s not so heavy that they’ll place an unnecessary amount of stress on the framing of your roof. There are fewer leakage issues with asphalt shingles than with other kinds of roofs, and they provide outstanding fire resistance and resistance to uplifting. We at Carolina Improvements, during our roof installation projects, use six nails instead of four in each shingle to keep them in place even better and provide greater stability.
- Easy installation and maintenance: Asphalt shingles are perhaps the easiest kind of roof to install and repair. Even people without experience in roofing are able to install their own shingle roofs, though of course most prefer to use the expertise of a professional just to ensure the quality of installation and to get the job done in a more efficient manner. There aren’t any extra structures or framing needed to support the weight of the roof, and you shouldn’t have to worry about performing a whole lot of maintenance on the roof over the course of its lifespan.
- Aesthetics: You can find asphalt shingles in a wide variety of colors and textures to match the style you’re looking for, not to mention a number of different shapes and styles. This allows you to easily customize the roof to fit your home’s style and general aesthetics.
- Environmentally friendly: Shingles are recyclable when they reach the end of their useful life, which makes them more environmentally friendly than many other types of roofing materials you might come across.
For more information about the benefits of using shingles for roofing installation in North Carolina, contact the experts at Carolina Improvements today.
This post was written by Writer