As a homeowner, you’re likely always looking to cut down on costs in any way you can. However, many homeowners aren’t aware of the cost savings of metal roofing. More and more homeowners are turning to metal roofing as a way to save money. In fact, metal roofing has increased in demand by almost 3 percent per year over the past few years. While metal roofs do come with a greater initial investment cost than asphalt shingle roofs, the savings and benefits of metal roofs far outweigh this cost. Roofs in North Carolina can benefit in a variety of ways from being made of metal when compared to traditional asphalt roofs:
- Reflects radiation: Metal roofs reflect up to 90 percent of sun rays, whereas asphalt shingles absorb solar radiation, transferring the heat into the home beneath the roof.
- Cooling effect: Since metal roofs reflect sun rays, they also reflect heat, making homes with metal roofs cooler during the hot summer months.
- Energy efficiency: The cooling effect of metal roofs makes it easier to keep homes cool, resulting in less energy used to cool the space.
- Saves money: With lower energy use comes lower costs. In fact, reflecting metal roofs in North Carolina can save you up to 40 percent on cooling costs in the summer.
- Increases value: A new metal roof won’t just save you money on energy costs, but it will also increase the value of your home. On average, homes with metal roofs gain 6 percent resale value over homes with asphalt roofs.
- Insurance benefits: Many insurance companies offer benefits for homes with metal roofs. In fact, some homeowners can save up to 35 percent on their insurance after installing a metal roof.
- Longevity: A quality metal roof in North Carolina can last up to three times longer than a traditional asphalt shingle roof, which will need to be replaced every 15 to 20 years. Plus, many metal roofs will come with a 50-year warranty!
- Low maintenance: In addition to their long lives, metal roofs require very little maintenance when compared to asphalt shingle roofs. Asphalt shingles often break and deteriorate when exposed to the elements, and need to be replaced. Metal roofs in North Carolina require close to no maintenance and require essentially no upkeep.
It’s easy to see why more and more homeowners are retrofitting their homes with metal roofs. Though the upfront cost is greater than that of traditional asphalt roofs, the long-term savings far outweigh the initial investment cost. Metal roofs will start saving you money the minute they’re installed, as well as increase the value of the home and last three times as long as other roofing options.
Carolina Improvements has been offering high-quality metal roofing services in North Carolina since 2006. We offer free in-home cost estimates, and our teams work with our clients extensively to ensure they are installing home improvement solutions that will elevate your property value and enhance your quality of life. If you’re ready to install a metal roof in North Carolina and start reaping the benefits, reach out to us today!
Categorised in: Roofs
This post was written by Writer