How Home Improvements Increase Your Home’s Value
If you’re like most people, your home is the biggest investment you’ll ever make, and you want that investment to gain value over time. The best way to increase the value of your home is to make interior and exterior improvements. But which type of improvements should you make? There are so many things you can do, and not all of them provide the best return on investment. If you’re looking to sell your home soon, or if you’d just like it to be worth more while you live in it, keep reading. This post will teach you all about the best types of exterior home improvements you can make:
- Roofs: Your roof is your home’s number one defense against Mother Nature. Though it’s sturdy and can withstand decades of damage, it’ll eventually need to be replaced. When that day comes, you’d be well advised to choose to install a metal roof. These roofs are long-lasting, energy efficient and recoup up to 70 percent of the investment once you sell. Call to talk to our roofing contractors in North Carolina and learn more about the advantages of replacing your roof today.
- Gutters: If you replace your roof but neglect to work on your gutters, you’re pretty much just throwing money down the drain. It might not seem like it, but your gutters are vital in protecting your new roof and ensuring the elements don’t damage it. Additionally, properly functioning gutters keep water away from your foundation, preventing catastrophic damage.
- Doors: Your door is one of the first things a potential buyer sees when they come to an open house. If your door is old and shoddy, you might as well kiss that sale goodbye. The best news is that doors aren’t all that expensive, and you can even replace a door yourself if you have the right tools.
- Windows: You could save hundreds of dollars per year on your heating and cooling costs by replacing your windows, and new windows are major selling point for anyone looking to buy your home. As an added bonus, new windows can recoup up to 70 percent of your investment, depending on the type of windows you choose to install.
- Landscaping: Imagine yourself driving down the road and seeing a home with a “for sale” sign out front. Would you stop to take a look at the house if the grass is brown and the landscaping is in disarray? Probably not. Take a few days (or hire a professional landscaper) and spruce up your lawn with new flowers, shrubs and trees. You’ll be amazed at how much better your home looks and how many more prospective buyers you attract!
Though you might be able finish some of these home improvement projects by yourself, be sure to call Carolina Improvements for the bigger jobs. We’re among the top roofing contractors in North Carolina, bringing over a decade of experience to each home we work on. Give us a call today to get a quote for your project or to learn more about all of our services!
Categorised in: Roofs
This post was written by Writer