Most homeowners only replace their home’s roof one time, which is why you should take your time choosing the material to use. Also, you might not think of roofing as being susceptible to trends, but like clothing and hairstyles, there are some roofing styles that will come and go, while others will remain classic forever. The roofing styles that stick around tend to be the more traditional options, which are lovely and desirable year after year.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular roofing materials and styles of residential roofs in North Carolina.
If you’re a homeowner in the planning stages of roof replacement, you may have already discovered there are many types of roofing materials to choose from. Which is going to be the best material for your home? How well will the new roof protect your family and belongings? Let’s take a look:
- Shingles: A wood shingle roof is not only eco-friendly, but it’s also the most affordable type of roofing material available. It’s also the most popular and most frequently used for home roofing. Choose from a variety of colors and styles.
- Metal: Metal roofs are becoming increasingly more popular in residential settings, working well for certain styles of homes, like bungalow, cottage and contemporary styles. Metal panels and shingles are made from copper, steel, aluminum or zinc alloy, and are durable, fire resistant, beautiful and long lasting. Metal roofs are expensive, but many homeowners find them a worthwhile investment.
- Solar panels: If you’re considering upgrading your home to solar and need to replace your roof, then solar paneled roofing may be for you! This roofing option only gets more popular as technology advances and it becomes more affordable to homeowners. You’ll get a good roof and save money on your utility bills.
- Asphalt: Asphalt roofing shingles are reliable, beautiful and affordable, and are available in a variety of styles, colors and textures. This material is a great value and, when installed properly, has a long life expectancy.
- Environmentally friendly: Choosing an eco-friendly roofing option is a good move toward helping the environment. These types of roofing materials are made using recycled materials. Talk to a roofing contractor for more information about environmentally friendly roofing options.
Some of the most popular styles of roofs include flat, pitched and arched roofs. Choose a roof based on your home’s overall look, your location and your personal style.
Flat roof construction is simple in that it requires the least amount of roofing material to build. However, because it doesn’t drain well, it does need to be waterproofed. A pitched roof, meanwhile, has two sides that slope downward from a central point. This style moves rain and leaves off the roof well and allows for ample attic space for storage or a room conversion. Finally, an arched roof can either cover the entire house or just a portion. It provides good drainage, and is generally very strong and durable.
Contact the team at Carolina Improvements to learn more about replacement roofs in North Carolina!
Categorised in: Roofs
This post was written by Writer