What’s the Best Type of Fencing for Your Home?
Homeowners have many decisions to make about what’s best for their property. Renovate the kitchen or update the bathroom? Add a beautiful entrance or upgrade the garden? One area that people may neglect is fencing. However, the right fence can improve the appearance of your home and provide a bit more privacy, while offering other benefits, too.
Before you look for a fence builder in North Carolina, you’ll want to consider different types of fencing and determine whether they’re right for your home. Much of this will depend on your budget, style and need for security. Let’s take a look at each type of fencing and where it fits best:
- Wood: This is a common and classic choice favored by many homeowners. Wood offers a pleasant aesthetic along with a comfortable level of privacy at a price that won’t break the bank. However, taller fences, though providing additional security, will cost more and take more time to install. Additionally, obtaining higher quality wood will also add to the expense.
- Aluminum: This material is favored for its low level of maintenance and its flexibility—aluminum can be made to look like pretty much any other material. On the downside, it’s not necessarily as durable as you might assume, and won’t be a great choice if you expect severe weather conditions on a regular basis.
- Wrought iron: This is a durable and beautiful choice that has to be regularly maintained. A wrought-iron fence will need to be sanded or painted every couple of years.
- PVC: This is an inexpensive and easy way to add fencing to your property. You can also customize it in different heights or colors. PVC is also very simple to maintain and will last for years to come.
- Chain link: Cheap, durable and maintenance free, chain link fences are often favored by schools and businesses. It’s not always the nicest look, however, which makes it less popular among homeowners.
- Vinyl: This is an extremely strong and durable material that many homeowners love. It even resists paint, meaning that any graffiti can be scrubbed off with no problem. The only area where vinyl isn’t so great is cost, as it can be quite expensive.
The next time you’re looking for a fence builder in North Carolina, consider getting in touch with Carolina Improvements. We do it all, including roof replacements, custom decks, window replacements, siding installations and more. Our excellent customer service provides the invaluable support you need to increase your property’s value and boost your quality of life. We can help you select high-quality, affordable products that are right for your home.
We’re also a fully licensed and insured company, so you know we’re always going to get the job done right. For more than a decade, we’ve been a locally owned and operated business that’s served the community. We are proud members of the BBB, and hold an A+ rating with the organization. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home estimate!
Categorised in: Fence Companies
This post was written by Writer